BELIEVE

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Zachary July 16, 1985

Twenty-four years ago at this very hour I was in labor awaiting the birth of my firstborn child. Zachary came into this world very much the way he left very quickly. I had a very short labor with him and he came busting into the world with all his might. I was so proud to be a mom and grew even prouder over the years to call myself Zachary's mom. I reflect tonight on the 23 years 4 months and 11 days I blessedly shared here on earth with my son and I again couldn't be prouder of the man he grew into and to be his mom. I spend everyday many times a day thinking of all of the great things I experienced with him over the years. The laughs, the teasing, the talks, the love, the friendship that we shared. He taught me how to be the parent I am today. It is these loving thoughts that help me make it through some very difficult days. Life has been very tough for me since losing Zachary but I remember all of the wonderful things he gave to this world, to me, to my family and it helps me to make it though another day. I love to hear other people share wonderful memories of my son. It is his birthday today and we will celebrate with him as if he is here with us. Happy Birthday son I LOVE YOU with all of my heart! I MISS YOU with all of my heart! You were a true gift to me 24 years ago today! I couldn't be more blessed. I love you so very much, you are a beautiful soul. Mom

6 comments:

  1. Rhonda,
    I worked with zach in the MICU and many times when I am doing various things I often think of Zach.I miss him very much was very blessed to be trained by him. I can hear him saying don't forget this or that. When life gets ruff I find myself talking to Zach and asking for strength and/or guidance as I did many times while we worked together. I truly hope you know how very much we miss Zach here at Denver Health. This place will never br the same without him. I hope you and the rest of your family are doing well.Take care and God bless. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronda,

    I often think about the Ficco family, Grandpa and even "Bruce" the dog. I keep you in my thoughts and continue to pray for your healing.

    Debbie Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronda,
    I think about you and your family often; especially tonight. I am sitting outside of room 1 where Zach was for the last month of his life...and realized it was a year ago he was here. All the staff still talk about him and your family and the amazing strength and values each of you had. I just wanted you to know that you are still in my thoughts and prayers and..call me up when you hike those fourteeners!
    Heather B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about you often, and have been reflecting a lot about what happend as thanks giving nears. You were liked by all and loved by many. We miss you.

    Your friend from DG

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are thinking about you guys this Thanksgiving and hoping that you will have continued strength, healing, and ultimately peace.

    The Hills

    ReplyDelete
  6. rhonda,
    i met you at zach's memorial... i was there with lia. i wanted to let you know that i am participating in a triathlon with team in training. i am doing it in zach's memory and have submitted a photo of him that will be displayed in a slideshow during our inspiration dinner the night before our race on sept 12 in washington DC. i am also raising a minimum of $3200 to be able to participate in the event, the money goes towards blood cancer research and the tri that i am doing is for the LLS foundation. i had no other way of contacting you besides through here, so please feel free to email me alanabyrnes(at)yahoo(dot)com. i hope this finds you well.

    ReplyDelete