BELIEVE

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Confession

So I have a confession...I am not very good at accepting help. I am a do it herself kinda gal, a bit stubborn and certainly a control freak. I am sure many of you have figured this out by now. One of the things I have come to realize amongst the many in this journey. Is that this is the first time in my life I really feel like I need the help of others. This is a horrible confession and it makes me sound kinda....I don't know know how to say selfish I guess. This has brought me to my knees and I feel completely out of control. I did not realize the willingness of people to give so many things, or the fact that sometimes we really need to accept that willingness to help. Many people have offered meals and I say or we are doing well and some people have just not taken me at my word and brought us meals anyway. In fact they were all right and it has allowed us not to worry about making meals for our kids each night. Tony and I especially me are struggling to eat right now, nerves and all. But this kindness does not go unnoticed and actually makes me a little nervous because my kids are used to eating my burnt dinners every night and now they will expect me to be a better cook. So to each of you who have not listened to me, we have had some nice dinners as a family here at the hospital and my kids have raved about the cooking and baking. So thank you the meals have smelled amazing and the few nights I have been able to eat a bite or two taste amazing as well. Thank you all so much.

Ronda

4 comments:

  1. Ronda & Tony
    You are getting strength from GOD to be able to cope with what is facing you. You also need to get strength from food & rest so you will be strong for Zach. So please take time out & take care of yourselves.
    Gionne, Taylor, Tanner & Michaela
    We know this is hard on you too. You slso need to be strong for your brother. God is holding each of you in his hands & he hears all of your requests. We are praying for each of you.
    Zach
    You have shown your strength time & time again thru this. You are a fighter & you won't give in. The doctors are doing everything humanly possible for you. GOD is also giving them strength & knowledge. Just BELIEVE.
    Love to all, Aunt Marilyn & Uncle Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ronda, Tony and Family,

    I don't know all your names, wish I did... Ronda and Tony, parents names are all I know, but you have to know how much we all are grieving...I am grieving...for your pain, for your loss, and for ours...all that knew Zach. But my pain is so minute compared to yours, but we have all lost a part of our lives...family, work, home, play...life... a part of our lives will be different, forever changed. All of our lives will be different from this day forward, because Zach has moved on to a different place. And we have to remain here and try to continue.

    We all have to sit with this for a moment, because it is so overwhelming that it's difficult to embrace. I will miss Zach...I will think of him every day while I am at work...transferring a patient to MICU... Zach's laughing and talking to all that he loved there, his warmth, tenderness, kindness, willingness to do all that it takes to be an exceptional human being.

    I can only offer my prayers for you Ronda,Tony and family...don't know what else to do. But if there's anything...I swear, anything, I will do it. And I know that I speak for many others...we will do whatever it takes to help, provide, comfort and aid in any way.

    You are loved by all,
    Cheri and Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronda, I pray every day for Zach and your family. You are such an amazing mother and friend. If you need anything, I am just a phone call away.

    Love
    Jennifer Bryant-Bishara

    ReplyDelete
  4. RHONDA AND FAMILY,
    IM SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ZACH.
    MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
    LOVE AND HUGS.
    MICHELLE

    ReplyDelete