BELIEVE

Thursday, November 20, 2008

OOPs

The website is www.bonfils.org Thanks Bethany I miss you I hope your trip was safe and fun.

Zach is doing as well as can be expected tonight. Just took his Ipod out of his ears and settling him in for the night. I Thought he might want to get motivated to his music. Music is so motivating...I think anyway.Vitals look good tonight and we are hunkering in for another peaceful night. One minute at a time. I dearly love each and everyone of you for the support. The support has came to us in so many ways. Everyone of you have played a role in keeping our family, Zach in particular going and it means so much to us.

The plan for tomorrow is to give Zach another small dose of Chemo. Still a bit scary given his condition but despite the sepsis he really has a bigger monster to battle that being the leukemia and we would like to beat it as well. It is such a balancing act and many of these things come with risks but may have benefits as well. We will continue to hope and pray that the decisions we make will bring him out on the top somewhere along the line. So pray tomorrow and for the next few days that the Chemo will be helpful and not harmful to him. I will talk to you all in the morning.

Ronda

12 comments:

  1. I HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO GET A GOOD NIGHTS REST
    MICHELLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Ronda. I know we all appreciate it! It's wonderful to hear Zach is staying strong and still fighting. I am going to donate in Zach's name, hopefully tomorrow. I want to do anything I can to help. Zach, I hope that you have a restful night's sleep. I will be thinking and praying for you still. You have so many people that love you and care about you. Rest well. Looking forward to seeing your smile again :)
    Good night,
    Alana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zach,

    I know your tired, but you have to keep fighting! Your doing great and I know you will keep pushing. We are so proud of you and are cheering you on every day. I hope you get some rest tonight so you can continue to fight tomorrow. I'm praying for you.

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zach,
    I know you have had a few steps back over the last few days but in return you have also had some major steps foward...1 WBC? Heck yeah! Theres going to be more - so much more is around the corner for you, I know it.
    So I was thinking about the last time we hung out before all this crap happened. I was thinking about sitting with you and looking at your artwork. You really are such a great artist and I remember thinking that you were full of so many surprises that I never would have guessed. And then you just grinned and said "yeah, theres so much more to me than you know.." I had to laugh because of course i knew it was true and you were just so freakin confident about it :) I know that that cannot be the last time we hang out. That can't be the last talk we've had or laughs we've shared. I know there is more and I cant wait to learn what I dont know about you. Please keep fighting Zach. You are stronger than this. I miss you so much and am sending all my energy and prayers....
    love,
    lia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got back from bonfils, I went with a friend from work to donate blood for Zach. Melanie from the DH ED was there donating for him, and I was able to convince 3 other people that were already there donating, to put their blood in group #6947! One of the people that was randomly sitting next to me was Joe D, who works for Ron, Zach's Grandfather... he had known Zach was sick, but he didn't know about the blood drive yet, so he was very excited to be able to help and spread the word!
    Hang in there Zach, you have SO much love and support! Keep fighting!
    Still praying for you every second :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops, i forgot to sign the above comment....

    Much Love and Prayers,
    Alana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was going to donate today, got a sitter for my kids and everything. Unitl I read that if you have had an exposure you have a 1 year deferral. I had an exposure 2 months ago, so I was a little upset about not being able to give in his name. So I'm calling family and friends to see if they would be able to donate today! Just wanted to let you know my family and I are thinking about you today Zach.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ronda,
    We met only once very briefly and I have never met Zach, but I have been following his ups and downs on this blog and through your co-workers at N. Suburban. It is obvious Zach is an incredibly special human being and has touched the lives of many. And your strength and love come pouring through in your words Ronda. Please know many of us are praying for Zach, you and your family and sending positive, healing thoughts his way. Keep fighting Zach!
    Ellen (Regis RN student)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep fighting Zach! I know you will make it through this buddy.

    For those planning on donating, you can join the bone marrow registry as well while at Bonfils. During the month of Nov, they ask for a canned good in lieu of the usualy registration fee.

    Zach and family, you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

    Melanie Cross

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi There!
    Vinnie and I are donating tonight in honor of you!!! I have spread the word about this great replenishment drive thru friends family, facebook and church. Hopefully the word will spread and people will take an hour of time to do this for every sick patient out there.
    We love you Zach, see you tonight, we are thinking about you.
    Aunty and Uncle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ronda, Zach and family, Hang in there, all good things happen to those who wait. God is our keeper and he will take care of us. Music is good, relaxing and emotionally lifting- keep up the tunes... I will stay tuned for any updates. Zach put your self in God's hands and he will carry you. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zach -
    Hey just wanna let you know I took a 16 guage just for you! But was more than happy to do it! Was a little nervous at first b/c they had to do some checking after I told them I was in Thailand in May but it all worked out and I gave a pint for you!
    I am reading your blog daily and praying daily for you! You are young and strong and a fighter and you keep fighting! Your mom had mentioned you like bumpy roads so that my friend you are taking us all on!
    Get well soon so we can all plan a snowboarding trip soon. We all love you and are sending our energy to you so to get better soon!!

    Staci

    ReplyDelete