BELIEVE

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thank You Good Sam's Staff

So last but not least I want to just put it out there....the staff at Good Sams is beyond amazing. So this is kinda funny I shared with you I think in another blog post that We had decided to move Zach to University this was a couple weeks ago. My concern was Zach's liver failing and the possible need for a transplant I wanted him to be where this could happen if necessary. So I requested the transfer. The nurses worked diligently getting all of the transfer papers ready and Airlife's helicopter was dispatched. As I hear the copter landing on the helipad outside Zach's window I whispered in his ear the flight crew was here to pick him up. (Now for many of you, you probably don't know this about me I have always had the desire to be a flight nurse.) So I proceeded to tell Zach How jealous I was that he was going to get to fly before me. So as they were landing and proceeding up to the second floor Zach decides to become too unstable to leave or might I say fly before me. I was laughing about this on the inside, when I realized that maybe he realized that the care he would receive here would be more than anyone could ask for. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff at this hospital. Dr. Kinnard whom I dearly love and respect and his entire team of Doctors from every sub-specialty you can imagine has Zach's best interest at heart, we appreciate each of you. The nurses each of them take very special care of Zach and We love them all. There are a handful of nurses that routinely care for him and have come to know him very well, his likes and dislikes to Heather, Leslie, Kim, Carrie, Kathy and David thank you for the love and care you exhibit for my son day after day and night after night. I thank each of the other nurses that see him in between we appreciate and love you as well. Respiratory you guys all are wonderful and keep the airway rolling. To our regulars Marty, Eric, Kelly and Sherry and to all of the others in between thank you. Sara in EVS you are very compassionate and we thank you. You will make a great nurse someday! To Amy and Liz thank you for the support when things get tough helping when a crisis arises and all the hugs.

I cannot wait for each of you to meet my son. He is an amazing man full of life, love and kindness. You will love him as all the ones who know him do. Thank you all!

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment