Time has gotten away from me today. I am just now able to post updates. First off I want to thank All of the people who hit the Bonfils today to donate, keep the donations coming It is absolutely amazing the support and love that our family has received. My heart is filled with so much joy to know how many people love my son. I personally think he is very special. He has such a big heart and a giving soul. I dearly love him with all of my heart. I have sat in this room hour after hour for the last three weeks trying to understand how we ended up here. It is so unbelievable I can't even begin to understand it. I have learned so much over the last three weeks...most important I have learned the value of my children and how very precious every minute is with them. Time just flashes by in a blink of an eye and they are 23 years old, where did that time go. Zach and I shared a lunch together for my birthday the week before he got sick. We sat and talked for a couple hours as we usually do, it is a moment I hold very dear in my heart right now. We talked about how proud I am of his accomplishments and lots of other things. Zach has accomplished so much for a 23 year old. His biggest accomplishment was he just bought a house. His dad and I are so proud of that. He was a few days shy of actually moving in before he got sick. So when he gets out of this home away from home we will have a big house warming/celebration of life party as we move him in and everyone is invited.
Okay so now you want to know how his day went and it was okay. No big milestones today but no big setbacks either. We had another critically stable day. He is still on the Osc. Vent with nitric oxide which he is weaning off of. His B/P had remained stable on two pressers to aide him with stability. LFT's have remained fairly stable today With INR coming down slightly today. Hct remained stable as well but platelet count continues to stay low and he continues to get transfused. The big shaker for today is he had another round of Chemo, receiving only one of they treatments he received last week. Once again incredibly scary as it could help him or possibly take his life because of his critical condition. We are battling two demons here sepsis with no immune system and Leukemia/Lymphoma a rare and rapid form. We have a 50/50 chance either way. I have had to make some of the toughest decisions I know I have ever had to make in my life. So again lots of prayers now for a stable week as the chemo does its job. We are hoping for more WBC's so cheer them on they need to get pumped up and produce away. That one little WBC need some good friends. So for tonight my dear extended family Zachary is resting well and is stable for the moment. We don't intend to rock the boat tonight.
Good Night to All
Ronda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Ronda, Tony and family,
ReplyDeleteThank you again for your post... your thoughtfulness at keeping us informed regarding your beloved son, again overwhelms me. Reading your entry has become the last thing I do before I go to bed at night...the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning.
However, tonight my two beautiful girls are home from college, so after I post this, I am going to their room...give them a strong hug, a kiss on their forehead, and together we will pray for Zach...with an appreciation and depth that I have found in you...for precious, joyous, amazing Zach. And I pray for you and your family a gentle nights rest and peace.
Dearest Heavenly Father, compassionate God, Creator of life, provide Zach everything he needs tonight to continue to heal.
Sending all my love,
Cheri
Hey ronda. Great news to hear about the lonely WBC. Hopefully there will be more to follow. THen a huge house warming party for him. Hope you and the fam are hanging in there and doing good. Please give our love to everyone. Tell your dad to get some rest as well. He looked tired last time i saw him. Tell nicki we give her our love, thoughts and prayers as well. tami and i love and miss you. talk to you soon ronda
ReplyDeleteThe Serenity Prayer
ReplyDeleteGod grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
Morning Zach,
ReplyDeleteMy son Zak plays football with your brother Tanner, gotta believe you're as tough as he is therefore you're gonna be just fine!! Have an 11am appointment at Bonfils gonna get you a Southern Georgia Dawgs, Marine Devil Dog, blood donation. You hang tough our families thoughts and prayers are with you!
Our son Nick went to school with Tanner at Woodrow. We have not met Zach but know what a great kid Tanner is so he must be a great role model. I cannot possibly imagine what you are going through but I do know that you are a strong loving family and you will beat this. I have an appointment to donate at Bonfils tomrrow in Zach's name. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always.
ReplyDeleteKakavas Family
it was one of my greatest privileges to have had the oppertunity to meet and take care of Zach and his family. I am so sorry for your loss my continued prayers will be with you all. Thank you for being such wonderful people, for teaching us all to care a little more.
ReplyDeleteMarty