So as I am sitting here trying to exercise my new found patience, I have decided to let you guys see my handsome son. Many of you know and love him, some of you have yet to meet this kind gentle soul I call my son. So a funny story...Zach calls me at work one day and asks me if on the coming up Friday if I could go to the airport and pick somebody up. I said who is coming into town and he proceeds to tell me his new puppy whom he bought out of state and was having him flown into DIA. I was like are you kidding me you couldn't find a puppy in Colorado? He told me not one this cute mom....he is special. Needless to say I was irritated because we had discussed previously with his work schedule how hard it would be to have a puppy but I reluctantly agreed to go pick him up. So I get to the airport "dog pick up" and they bring out this 8 week old weimeriener puppy and I took one look and fell in love with him. So it took Zach several days to name him and we gave him several suggestions and he came up with the name BRUCE. We gave him so much Jazz about how Bruce was not a "dogs name." He proceeded to tell us that he researched the name and it was a strong name and it was his dogs name we had just better get used to it. So we did and this is BRUCE the dog. This dog his so in love with Zach and is missing him so much. Isn't Bruce the Dog cute?
Ronda
Ronda,
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to see snipetts of Zach's life. Keep them coming! Even though we're family, we are so far away that we miss out on so much of your lives. Hey, tell Zach that I'm going to donate blood on Tuesday. I am hovering around the 110 pound range (which is a requirement), so I am going to go against everything I believe in and sacrifice my girlish figure for him and eat a couple of Big Mac's and Super Sized Fry's so I can be sure to make weight when I get there to donate. Love you!
So glad you posted a picture of Zach! Since I've never seen him before, it is nice to put a face with a name. He really looks like Tony! The dog is adorable; I bet he IS lonely waiting for Zach. Are you taking care of the dog too? Our Sunday School class prayed for Zach again today. Specifically, we prayed for those numbers to just get better, right now. I hope you saw improvement today. It is God at work in Zach's life. We miss you so much at NSMC! Please eat :-)
ReplyDeletePenny D
I remember seeing Bruce when you first got him--he came to watch field day at Woodrow Wilson Academy. He was sooooo cute! I think I have met everyone in your family but you, Zach. My oldest son, Austin, has gone to school with Gionne for many years and they have played football together. My youngest son, Brandon, goes to school with Tanner. You couldn't ask for a better family and I'm sure you can feel all of their love and support. Even though we don't know you, we pray for you and think about you every day, and we hope that you will gain strength from everyone who is sending positive thoughts your way. Keep up the fight--I know that you have overcome difficult times before and you can do it again.
ReplyDeleteRonda, try to get some rest. You need to take care of yourself so you can be there for Zach. Please let us know if we can help.
Hey Rhonda,
ReplyDeleteso I posted a comment by accident on the "sunday november 23rd morning" blog instead of the most recent one you put up and I just wanted to make sure you saw it so that you could tell it to zach :) Im sure you probably will see it but I always get worried that if I dont post it on the most recent one you might not - and then I get so upset because when I write on here, although in reality I know it is relayed to him by you and a number of people I dont even know probably see it as well...I still feel as though I am just standing next to him, talking to him one on one and letting him know how much I miss him and am thinking of him. And so it really helps me to know that I can have this connection to him - to talk to him even though I cant be there in person. Anyways, thats just me being emotional...
I thank you so so much keeping this updated and reading to him what we say - it is so unselfish of you to take the time to do this in your already stressful and emotionally straining day.. thank you :)
I hope you, your husband, Zach's grandpa and the kids are doing well - I think about you all daily and pray for your strength to keep going. Please remember to take care of yourselves....
lots of love,
lia
Zach, boys will be boys- I could see my son pulling the same thing with the puppy- wait a go. Mom's are pretty easy huh? Bruce is awesome. I love dogs as well, have 2 boxers- Samson and Dalilah. I wish they could come over to play with Bruce- but they do not play well with others. We plan on having puppies after the first of the year- Maybe Mom will let ya get one!!! Can't wait to here todays progress. Keep up the great work. Ronda you have a great looking boy. Love and prayers to you all.
ReplyDeleteRonda, loved the pictures. I am amazed by your strength. You hang in there. Hopefully good news soon! Karla
ReplyDeleteronda, thanks for the pics of zach and bruce! it's great to see his smiling face :) i hope you and him both are hanging in there! i'm looking forward to some positive updates today! zach, keep fighting... don't give up, ever!
ReplyDeletelove and prayers,
alana