BELIEVE

Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday November 24 Afternoon

Good Afternoon.....So today some of you would be happy I actually left Zachs bedside for the first time, I actually left the hospital for more than 1 hour. I had so many things pertaining to Zach I needed to take care of today and I had to leave the building to do so. Zach's nurse Leslie was at his side and so was my dad as he has been since this whole thing started. I knew Zach was in good hands and I was still a nervous wreck and couldn't get back soon enough. So with that being said he obviously was semi-stable enough for me to leave and is still the "sickest" he has been since he arrived.

I left really early this morning and was able to complete some very important tasks. I crashed and burned last night falling asleep in the chair after being awake for 30+ hours. The last couple days have been haywire and one heck of a ride. I gave up roller coasters several years ago because although they used to be my favorite thing to do they really started to make me sick. This has the same affect on me.....it's not so fun. Zach's wbc's were up to 1.4 this am....yeah for wbc's. These are good wbc's I know they are and they are going to keep producing and we will see him get better in time. I sit and look and the reality of what is happening here and I am more than amazed at this determination my son has to beat this. Not many people would still be alive battling all he is going through. There are so many unknowns and his situation is so rare it is hard to even believe it is happening. His b/p today has began to stablize again and he is no longer on the Levophed or vasopressin.This makes me happy. He is still on the bicarb. Which helps with the horrible respiratory and metabolic acidosis he has been fighting after our setback the night before last. It was his hugest setback thus far. It really makes me sad. He has such a mountain to climb back up and we will climb it together. He is so amazing and I am so proud of him. We are able to turn him on the bed again without drastic changes in his B/P. His oxygen sat is 97% but he is still on nitric oxide. So they will leave those settings alone for tonight. He is still trying to recover from the other night. Leslie just told me his nightly labs showed wbc's were up to 1.7, platelets were still low and he is being transfused again with platelets tonight, His hct was close enough to normal he would not get a blood transfusion just yet. So We are settling in for another stable night with small steps forward.

Ronda

9 comments:

  1. Hello Ficco Family,
    Just stopping by to see how Zach is doing today.
    Bruce the dog is very cute and very lucky to have Zach in his life as are we all. Zach is a wonderful young man and our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronda,
    We are so happy to hear that you have recovered from Sunday night. I know things were touch and go for a while and I can tell you how happy I was to get Tony's update that things were holding stable. Please know that our entire family is praying for Zach and celebrating with every small accomplishment. I have told Tony many times that you can feel free to call on our entire family anytime for anything no matter how big or small. I know that Zach needs all of you and we are here to help if you may need us.
    Stay strong and know that we have nothing but postive thoughts to send your way! We love all of you! The Pergola's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on fighting zach!!! Almost 2 WBC'S!!! Thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family..
    Ronda, thanks for keeping us all up to date with what is going on with Zach.. Your an amazing woman..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Zach, for someone who never seemed very fond of drama, you sure are making this a nail-biter! Settle down over there and lets concentrate on taking two steps forward and no steps back, shall we?

    I know this Thanksgiving I am thankful that you are part of our DG family. And, I am thankful that a person as special as you has a family who is just as special. The strength of you and your family is an inspiration. You and your family are always in my prayers, but even more so this very special week. Gob Bless!

    Jen Saltzsieder

    ReplyDelete
  5. RONDA TONY AND FAMILY,
    WOW ALMOST 2 WBC'S. IM GLAD TO HEAR THAT EVEN WITH A FEW SET BACKS YOUR STILL MAKING PROGRESS.
    RONDA WEVE BEEN ALL PRAYING FOR ZACK. BUT NOW I WANT OT KNOW HOW YOU AND TONY ARE DOING. HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO GET THE REST YOU NEED AND HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO START EATING AGAIN W/O WANTING TO GET SICK?
    PLEASE IF YOU NEED OR WANT ANYTHING DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK.
    LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS,
    MICHELLE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ronda,
    I've been hesitant to post anything just because its so hard to find the right words to say. I can't imagine the strength this whole situation has taken I pray every day for strength for you, your family and especially for Zach's body. Zach is so giving, hard-working, and honest and my heart aches to think this could happen to such a wonderful person.
    I went and donated today and I made sure it went to Zach and I requested to donate platelets & plasma specifically. I also--without giving out his name or private info--posted a request on facebook to encourage everyone in Denver to go out and donate so hopefully we will see quick results.
    Ronda, you have raised an absolutely wonderful child and I am glad to help in any way possible. My family and I will continue to lift you & the entire family up in prayer.
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda,
    It was nice to see a picture of your son. He looks a lot like you. Very handsome young man. My prayers continue to be with you, Zach, and your family. I wish we could do more. You are such an encouragement to me in this time of trial. We are only a phone call away for anything.
    Blessings,
    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zach, keep up the great work. The WBC's are on the rise, just the way we like it!!!! Ronda, I am sorry but I am unable to donate- have been sick in bed for 8 days and finally started on ABX yesterday. I would love to come visit and give you a great big hug- but that will have to wait till I am 100%- I would not want to bring any bugs to your precious boy. However, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family daily. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything. I have shared Zach's life with my son, husband and mother, their prayers are with your too. Keep us informed- the news just keeps getting better and better. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Zach and his family: The staff here at Wayne Carle are keeping up with the Blogs and we can not tell you how strong you and your family truly are! Now we know where Zach get's his strength and strong will from his "Mom."
    He will do this and fight this the entire way and make it.
    Like you have said Zach loves "bumpy rides" He just wants to take you onlong with with him. "what a journey!"
    We are all praying for you and your family every day and if you or your family need anything please let us know.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    We want you to know that Taylor is doing Awesome at school. We are here to support him in anything he needs along with you and your family.
    Hang in there!
    We also want you to know we all loved the pictures! It really made us feel like we were connected in some sort of way. We will continue to pray for Zach and your entire family in this difficult time.
    Good Bless,
    Wayne Carle Staff

    ReplyDelete