BELIEVE

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Nov 15 2008: Noon

Zach had another peaceful night and nothing to crazy happened. HCT and platelets are up. Creatinine is okay but is being controlled with dialysis because he has no urine output. Liver function increased in AST and ALT which is okay as it shows liver is still able to do so. INR was down today from 1.66 to 1.37 which is good news and means the liver is still synthizing. In the whole picture the liver is my concern and it needs to keep showing improvment. We can provide support to all of the other organs that are in trouble right now execpt the liver. The chemo gave it a big ounch two days ago and we expected the numbers to move more around a little. Now we hope the starting trending in the other direction. Zach otherwise is doing very well and he weights about 200lbs with all the thrid spacing. They don't intent to remove much of the extra fluid at this point with dialysis because he is to fragile. So he will keep all the extra fluid for now. They are only going to remove the same amt that he gets daily. HR 72, BP 100/47 on no pressers, 02 98% with osc vent at map of 29 and fi02 at 65%. Lung x-rays today show decreased lung expansion but is due to decreasing map on vent which they are trying to wean him off. I think extra fluid removal will help his lungs also. Otherwise lungs are clearing and ARDS in left lung is still worse than right. That's it for now.

20 comments:

  1. IM SO GLAD TO HEAR HES DOING ALITTLE BETTER. EVERY LITTLE BIT ADDS UP TO ALOT. STILL MY PRAYERS AND HUGS ARE BEING SENT TO YOU AND YOURS. MICHELLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so glad to hear a little good news. Hang in there Zach, you're going in the right direction. If nothing, we are all getting a lesson in EXTREME PATIENCE... I know you can beat this Zach so I will be patient as long as you need me to. Dont give up. I think about you all the time and cant wait for the day when we can talk about this as just an awful nightmare in the past. You have so many good memories to make in your future.
    Miss you so much
    lia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zach,
    I have been reading this site daily to keep up with your progress, and thankfully today, there is progress. It is good to hear some good news and we all knew you would work on fighting this.

    To Zach's family,
    Hang in there guys, and if you need anything, the entire DG family is on standby, just let us know.

    Love,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda and family,

    Glad to hear that Zach is doing a little better today. You all have been through so much over the past 2 weeks. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Let me know if there is anything you need, even little things. No job is too little right now. Everyone here at the Burb is thinking about you.

    Lucy
    phone 303-817-1547
    Call for anything, anytime

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I guess it's my turn Zach...and my scrabble word is 'perseverence'.And hey...would you look at that...it's triple word and multi letter score so now i'm up about 0h...4 million points!!! That's right...you can do the math! You can beat this damn thing. Keep fighting Zach. And I'll be waiting patiently til you take your turn at ipod scrabble (keep in mind that I'm now up by 4 million so no pressure). You made those couple of shifts fly with that game and I thank you for that. Works getting on my nerves now so I need you back there to help me (and all of us)keep our sanity.

    Renee

    To Zachs family: Know that all of our prayers and thoughts are with you. Thank you so much for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zach and Zach's family!
    I just wanted to let you all know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Zach, we miss you terribly at the hospital. We have all been checking the blog religiously, and it looks like slowly but surely things are moving in the right direction. Baby steps!

    Sarah Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zach and family,
    I have only had the blog address for a few days now but I find myself checking it several times a day looking for updates and good news. My wife whom you’ve never met is checking it multiple times a day as well. My wife and I pray for you daily, and your DG family thinks of you on every shift. To the family, I know many have already mentioned it but if there’s anything you need just ask. I can cook, bake, do laundry what ever you need just ask.
    Jeremy and Sally Torbet
    720-981-0452 or sjtorbet@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ronda

    Keep up the faith, you are a strong person. Your son is very lucky to have such a great mom and family. My prayers are with you daily and with God all things are possible. Sometimes those challenges we face in life are just a test to see how we hold on. As I read your updates I have learned you are holding up as best you can and I hope everything turns out good. Inside I feel what you feel because I also have a son who is 23 and if that were him I do know how it would feel because our children are our lives. Keep strong with your faith. We are all thinking about you and your family.

    Trish/NSMC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Zach!

    Good to hear you are making a little bit of progress. You know how these things work from the MICU. A little bit every day, just a little bit is all we need. It all eventually adds up and one day you will be walking out of that hospital!

    Miss you!
    - Bri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ronda,
    I'm here for you. If you need anything I'm just a phone call away. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It is good to hear that Zach is making progress.
    Love,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  11. RHONDA, I HAVE BEEN VIEWING YOUR SITE DAILY. i HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR ZACH AND YOUR FAMILY DAILY. YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. YOU ARE AN AMAZING MOTHER RHONDA, GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

    LOVE,
    JENNIFER BRYANT-BISHARA AND FAMILY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you guys. zach you owe me a birthday dinner~~
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zach and Family,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all. The prayer chain has reached the east coast and we're loud so they will listen..Your a fighter so keep up the good fight.
    Take care,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ronda,

    I just heard the news & my heart goes out to you guys. I will pray for you, Zach & all your family & friends. I can only imagine how overwhelmed you are, so please if you need ANYTHING (& I really mean it!) please let me know.

    Damian Meehan Clemons
    dami.michelle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zach and family,
    You are all in my thoughts and prayers every day. I can't imagine how tough this must be for you. Keep up your strong fight! Zach is such an awesome and kind person, we really miss him at work!
    Take Care,
    Kristin Monnat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zach,

    I just wanted you to know that you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I have only worked with you a couple of times and I immediately noticed how kind and gentle you are. Seeing that you made a little progess today makes me smile.. Keep on fighting it!! You make a positive impact on us at DG and we miss you. Your DG family misses you!
    To Zachs family,
    If you need ANYTHING... I mean ANYTHING.. Please let us know.. We are here for you..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zach, Taylor and Family -

    We are still checking the blog regularly and are so happy to hear that Zach seems a bit better. Thank you for your updates. Our prayers are still with you!

    Hope Hosier and the Wayne Carle family

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Ronda!

    I truly have the greatest hope for Zach. What a lucky guy to have such a supportive family. Please call me if you need anything, whether it's to run to Target for toiletries or fix you and your family dinner. Thanks for the updates.

    Hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Zach and family,
    You are on my thoughts and in my prayers. Thank you for keeping this blog so we can all stay updated. My family and I send you our best wishes. Get better soon!

    Tracy Daugherty and family

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Ronda,

    I was at work today and just heard about son. It sounds like he is trending a little in the right direction. My prayers are with you and your family. I know that nothing is worse than to have one of your children hurt or ill. If you need anything give me a call. I always can find time to make you dinner or just run to the store for you.

    Hugs and prayers,

    Deb King

    ReplyDelete