Monday, November 17, 2008
Nov 17 2008: Morning
Good News....Doctor came in this am with lab results....LFT's are down to nml range, AST 33, ALT 47, indicating liver inflamation is down again today. They had to bag him last night while they preformed a bath and his 02 stayed up during it which is great. His vent is at 45% 02 and MAP is 24-25. Chest x-ray is a tiny bit better today. INR wasn't ran this am for some reason so another was ordered for later today. A little over a liter of fluid was pulled off yesterday with dialysis. WBC and plateltes still low and we continue to transfuse wit Hbg of 8.9 and RBC 2.94. They hope today around 11am that they will move Zach to a regular vent. This will allow him to come of the paralytics which is wonderful news because the longer he is on it the higher the side effects are. His color looks mildly better today and I imagine it is from the decrease in bili. I am happy for baby steps. I know my son is very strong after all he is my son...hehe. Although we don't know what the future holds we do know that he is holding incrediably strong and it is due to the fight within and the uplift he gets from each of you that give him prayers, love, and support during this crazy time. Our family is incredabliy thankful to eveyone for everything you have done and continue to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zach,
ReplyDeleteif you only knew how many of us are checking this blog religiously multiple times a day to know how you are - to be close to you even in some small way. I know I cant come see you, I cant tell you myself how very proud I am to call you my friend..but this few minutes of my day- so many times a day- that I am on this blog checking up on you is my one comfort and connection to you. I know that when I do, it doesnt matter where I am in this world - for right now, this minute, I am in your room, standing by your bed, cheering you on. Telling you how much I miss you and your smile and your laugh and everything that I ever liked about you to begin with when you came into my life. Telling you that this too shall pass and that it has to get better - we have to keep believing that this will get better. I am here with you and I am giving you all of my strength and hope and tears and courage - for right now in this moment I am standing with you, holding your hand and telling you how much I miss you and how much I care for you. I know you may be tired but you are not alone. You will never have to fight this alone. I know you can feel me there - I know you can feel so many of us there..every life you have ever entered or heart you have touched - even people that barely know you can feel this loss and know that somehow this world would be losing something amazing without you in it. So many people Zach. And we are all there - so many that we are pressed against the walls of that hospital room..too many to fit inside, to many to fit on the entire floor. We are not going away, and you aren't either.
Missing you so much although I'm not far,
lia
Zach,
ReplyDeleteAs Lia said. You have no idea how many of us are rooting for you multiple times each day. How many times I check this blog is a bit on the crazy side, but Zach you are so important to all of us. I know that through the power of God you can beat this. You are a strong, wonderful man and you mean so much to so many people. You have touched so many lives, you are so special. The world would not be the same without you in it. You can beat this awful disease and rise above it. I wish so badly I could come and visit you, but I am thankful for your family that they will share all these words with you. You are not fighting this alone. We are all here with you each step of the way. Please knw Zach that you are not alone, and that multiple times a day prayers all over the world are being said for you. It is all about baby steps and you are taking those steps right now. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. We all love you Zach. Continue to stay strong.
Miss you
Steph ER tech