BELIEVE

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Replinishment Drive Bonfils #6947

Well we finally have the details for any of you that are interested in Donating Blood/Plasma. We know that so many people have expressed their love and concern for Zachary and want to help in anyway they can. So here is the way to help. A replenishment drive has been set up for Zach. As i mentioned before Zach is Blood type A- and can receive A-or O- blood. We are asking that everyone regardless of blood type please donate in Zach's honor. Zach will eventually receive units of blood and everyone donation will help replenish our nations supply.

Here are the details: Please visit www.bonfils.com there are 8 locations to donate. In addition review the 9 pre-screening questions...things that might eliminate you from being a donor at this time. Then head to your nearest Bonfils and donate away. When you go in mention Group # 6947 Or Zach Ficco Replenishment Drive. This group # 6947 will take effect on 11/21. Please support Zach and our blood bank supplies even if you are not his blood type.

We are working on having the Local news stations broadcast this drive on Zachary's behalf. So you may see his name and the effort on the news.

So put on your Rally Caps we are going to make baby-steps back up the mountain!!!

Ronda

7 comments:

  1. I will be there for sure!! Thanks for the information!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zach,

    On Monday, I returned to the ED after my trip to Honduras. Remember our conversation about Honduras? You said you wanted to go someday... I believe that will still happen. And I hope that you are believing that will still happen.

    I am praying for you, my friends and family are praying for you. Everyone that knows you at Denver Health thinking about you, praying for you. Our hopeful thoughts are with you.

    I have never donated blood before (yes, the ED nurse!), but I will call tomorrow. Not sure if they will take my blood after leaving the states, but I know some folks who will step up to the plate.

    Looking forward to talking with you about Honduras... keep up the fight.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronda,
    I have a second job at Presbyterian St. Lukes here in Denver. I was talking with one of our specialists today about Zachs situation. She wanted me to tell you about a medical procedure called Hepatic Filtration. This is similar to dialysis for the liver. This helps to regenerate the liver and possibly turn the process around more quickly. Also, this hospital has three bone marrow transplant units. They have stem cells frozen for bone marrow transplants. This information may come in handy, I dont know, but maybe it is something you could ask your doctor about. Thank you for setting up the blood drive, I will donate without a doubt. Thank you for your text last night I know you all are going through so much right now. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. My heart goes out to you. It takes a very special and strong person to see somebody you love with all your heart so sick. I know the feeling, I had to see my mom go through such a horrible cancer. Please know that everybody I know is sending prayers your way...to Zach and to you, his family. You are in our hearts all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The website is bonfils.org. The .com version gets you to a nice music website but not quite what we're looking for.

    Ronda and Zach-

    I've been thinking about you both (and the rest of the family) so much. I'm sending my best joo-joo thoughts your way. I'm officially signed up to donate on Sunday. This will be my first time but I can't think of a better excuse to start donating. Know that the world is pulling for you Zach. Hang in there Ronda. You are SO strong!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Zach and family-

    I was thinking last night about the time that you were helping me clean up my patient and there were like 5 of us in the room helping to roll my patient. The ostomy bag leaked and a river of poo ran down the edge of the bed and onto your pants. There were 5 of us there and you were the only one to get slimed. You didn't even get mad! I was so impressed. You just got new pants and got back to work.

    You have really gotten dumped on this time. I'm so sorry. But the attitude that you have always had will get you through this challenge too.

    Your support got me through some rough times at work that no one else really knew about. Thanks for listening and helping me all those times. Remember when my patient sent me to the er? And you got me a bed that wasn't in the hallway - even if it was in the room with all of the crazy
    patients? And you kept them from intubating me? Support of friends can make a huge difference. You've taught me that.

    Zach the whole MICU and it seems like all of denver health is thinking about you and praying for you and we know you will make it!

    I'm sorry that I can't donate blood. I never wished that i could pack on the pounds until now. But, i'm telling everyone I can about it!

    Bri Bogumill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ronda & Tony,
    I am so sorry about everything that you all have been through this month. Zach is a fighter, just like his mom! He will not give up, particularly with all of you there to support him. If there is ANYTHING that you need, please just ask. Our whole family is praying and lighting candles for Zach. I have a friend at channel 9 that I can call and see about getting some airtime there for the blood drive. I have also had many questions about bone marrow donation. When you get info. please let me know. Several of my family members are interested in donating. We are here for anything you or the family may need. I hope that Zach continues to move in a positive direction. We love you all!!
    The Pergola's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ronda, Thanks for the updates on Zach. I am sick in bed right now but will look into donating- have never done it- but now seems like the right time (if I can). Hang in there kiddo. Please take care of yourself, your baby needs you. Our children grow but they will ALWAYS be our babies. God is hearing our prayers and I am certain he will not disappoint us. Please let me know if you or your family needs anything. Keep the faith......
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete