Good Morning to Everyone. Zach had a relatively peaceful night. He remains stable on the Regular vent. With oxygen settings at 50% and 8 of PEEP he is maintaining his oxygen at 97%. Which is really good. His B/P remained stable throughout the night but at shift cahnge this am his B/P decided to drop. So he was started on Vasopressin about 15 minutes ago to bring his pressure back up he has done very well without it for a few days. He has been on and off of it several times throughout this process, So I am not too concerned about this. I think they intend to start pulling more fluid off today, so vasopressin will help with that as far as b/p goes. After a low b/p yesterday we stopped removing fluid and actually gave a fluid bolus which really took us back to ground zero with about 18L of extra fluid. Any medication changes for Zach result in big changes for him vitals wise. He has difficulty with any changes but especially medication changes. Continuity of care is so critical in his fragile state, to get to know what he likes and doesnt seems to keep him more stable. He weighs 85.9 kg today he would be so happy. Lung xray show a little fluid but otherwise okay.
So big concerns for me right now are his INR which was up again today and his inability to produce his own cells RBC, WBC and platelets. So these are the things we really need to start praying to have turn around.
Things to think about on Zach's behalf. I am not sure how this works and am working with his Dr's on that. When I have more information I will let you know. They have asked that family wait to donate blood /platlets etc in case we need to donate for bone marrow transplant.
So once again my deepest thanks to each of you for every , every ounce of encouragemnet and support. It means more than I will ever be able to express.
Ronda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RHONDA,
ReplyDeleteI HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOUR SON. I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE HOW YOU ARE FEELING WITH A CHILD SO SICK. PLEASE HANG IN THERE, LET ME KNOW OF ANYTHING THAT I CAN DO FOR YOU OR YOUR FAMILY. TAKE CARE, KRISTI
Rhonda,
ReplyDeletePlease let DG know when you find out about blood/platelet donation. I know there will be a lot of us willing to help.
Thoughts and prayers for Zach and Zachs family..
Keep on fighing Zach!
Hey Zach!
ReplyDeleteI had ACLS class today and stopped by the MICU. There are many many people who check this site every day to see how you are doing. We are all soo glad that you are doing better.
The vent settings are great! Soon you will be off of it. I had a patient the other day who was intubated but sitting up in bed text messaging his friends on his cell phone. Maybe that will be you and you will be updating these blogs yourself.
I know how much your family means to you cause you always talked about them and carried their pictures in your wallet. It makes me glad to know that there are people around you that care about you so much. Your family from the MICU cares about you to.
Dave was looking at his leg and all his scars from all of the surgeries and skin grafts and donor sites. He was saying how glad he is to have those scars now because "they look cool" and it reminds him everyday how strong he is and how when they said they didn't think he would make it he proved them all wrong and can make it through anything that is thrown at him. That is going to be you Zach! These days go by really slow, but in a year from now you won't believe how the time has flown by.
Keep fighting!
- Bri
Hey Zach,
ReplyDeleteStill here, still missing you, still cant wait until this is over. I am so so glad to hear you are on the reg vent and that you are doing well with it. The fight in you is not surprising to me - God knows you were always so freakin fiesty.. Keep going babe - a little bit at a time, that's all we need...
Cant wait to talk to you again and tell you in person how much I've missed you! I know its going to be soon.
Rhonda and family, words cannot express how amazing you guys are and thank you so so so very much for keeping this blog updated. It has honestly been the only thing helping me keep my sanity through all of this - we all appreciate it so much more than you will ever know..
Lets us know what you need - day or night
lia
Hey Hun,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that he is still holding on and fighting. Is he normally a stubborn kid? Tell him that he really truly didn't have to contribute to your desire for some FMLA!! He's done too much already. :) We are always praying and hope each day is a little more positive!! Love ya
Kirstin, Dan, Trooper and mystery baby Haley (for a few more weeks anyway)
It is good to hear some good news. Keep fighting Zach!! I agree with the other posting on keeping us updated on the need for bone marrow transplant; I know there are numerous people willing to be a match if needed! Love to Zach and all his family, and hopefully we will be able to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteRobyn
Hi Zach. So glad to hear that you had a better day. You are going to be off that vent in no time. Everyone in the MICU is praying for you and reading your blogs everyday. We can't wait to see you again. Keep fighting. You will get better. I know you will. We love you. Sarah Narajowski
ReplyDeletehey ronda. It's the asian sensation. Hopefully by just saying that, it'll make you laugh. It's so nice to hear some good news lately coming from the ricco party. Please give all mine and tami's love to everyone and hopefully zach will be able to go home soon. If zach can listen to you, let him know that i'll be expecting to play softball with him next year. So he better get well. Tami and I love you guys and we miss you guys very much. Again, let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do for you guys. talk to you soon. love steve
ReplyDeleteHi Ronda,
ReplyDeleteThinking about you lots today. It's always good to read your updates.
So, one of my favorite stories from the Bible is from Luke 7:11-17, and it's really hitting home right now as I think about you and Zach. It's the one where Jesus encounters a funeral procession and a woman whose son had just died, and it says 'His heart went out to her and He said, "Don't cry"' and then He brought her son back to life and it says, "Jesus gave him back to his mother".
I can only imagine you must be wanting Zach back whole and well just like that mom did, so that's definitely what I'm praying for you for. Whatever happens, I know God's heart goes out to you just as much today as it did to her many, many years ago, in her sorrow.
Thought you might like these words I just ran across from an old song:
"I have journeyed through the long, dark night
Out on the open sea,
By faith alone, sight unknown,
And yet His eyes were watching me.
The Anchor holds, though the ship is battered.
The Anchor holds, though the sails are torn.
Well I have fallen on my knees,
as I faced the raging sea,
But the Anchor holds, in spite of the storm.
I've had visions and I've had dreams;
Well I've even held them in my hands,
But I never knew those dreams could slip right through
Like they were only grains of sand.
O, the Anchor holds, though the ship is battered.
The Anchor holds, though the sails are torn.
Well I have fallen on my knees,
as I faced the raging seas.
O, the Anchor holds, in spite of the storm.
Now I have been young, but I am older now.
O and there has been beauty these eyes have seen;
But it was in the night, when I faced the storms of my life.
Oh, that's where God proved His love to me.
The Anchor holds, though the ship is battered.
The Anchor holds, though the sails are torn.
I have fallen, fallen down on my knees
as I faced the raging seas.
But the Anchor holds; O, in spite of the storm.
I said I've fallen, fallen down on my knees
as I faced the raging seas;
But the Anchor holds, in spite of the storm."
(By Ray Boltz and Lawrence Chewning)
Thanks for all the updates. Miss you at work.
Praying, praying, praying....
love, Kristine
Ronda,
ReplyDeleteI have spoken with Tony a bit and have been sending and receiving text messages. Even though I have told him to send you my love and support, I should let you know myself. We here in Utah are praying for your whole family constantly. We pray for Zach's health and for you and Tony to be comforted and strong. It just makes me so sad to think what you all are going through. I wish I could be there to give you strength and support. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for Zach. Just what that plan is, we may not know or understand, but I do know that you will find peace in Jesus Christ. Give Him what you can not bear. He will make your burden light. He knows your heart, your desires and your pain. He hears our prayers for you. He will get you through this. I love you and your sweet family so much. Tell Zach that we're praying for him.
RONDA,
ReplyDeleteI GLAD TO HEAR THAT THINGS HAVE BEEN GETTING BETTER EVEN IF ZACH TAKES A FEW STEP BACK. YOU
KNOW WITH EVERY STEP BACK IT GIVES US A BIGGER STONE ON OUR PATH HOME.
LOVE AND HUGS,
MICHELLE
Zach,
ReplyDeleteI just talked to your mom... I am SO glad she answered your phone. You are a trooper and a fighter... hang in there. I KNOW you will get through this. You are in wonderful hand with the medical care you are getting now. You have so much going for you, I can't wait until you can have visitors so I can come be with you. I am praying for you and your family. I am looking forward to a good climbing session with you as soon as you can!
Much Love,
Alana
Zach and all of you are in my prayers, Its good to know your still fighting. You have a very special place in my heart Zach. No matter what Ill always be there for you.
ReplyDeleteRhonda please let me know if there is anything I can do
BJ
Ronda, I do not see an update for Weds. I hope things are well. Hang in there Zach, you have a long and wonderful life ahead of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
ReplyDeleteLisa